Everyone has a list of all the crazy and interesting things they would like to do in the course of their life. Here is mine:
- See the Eiffel tower.
- Go sky diving.
- Visit a particle accelerator. ✔
I had the pleasure of touring Brookhaven National Laboratory where I saw RHIC (“Rick”) Relativistic Heavy Ion Collider as well as one of the detectors. (a bus ride away!!)
- Teach a physics course. ✔
I had the pleasure of teaching a Classical Physics recitation and lab at UMassD.
- Wear a lab coat and goggles.
- Obtain a Ph.D
- Drive from the Atlantic coast to the Pacific coast.
- Go backpacking in Europe.
- Try espresso and gelato in Italy.
- Be on the cover of a magazine.
- Write a novel.
- Be on a television show.
- Make a contribution to the scientific community.
- Visit NASA’s headquarters.
- See the pyramids of Egypt.
- Snowboard down a mountain.
- Celebrate New Years Eve in New York City.
- Collaborate on an international project.
- Make an advancement on photovoltaic cell efficiency.